Every week, we provide insights from the Mobilized collaborators around the world Here we feature the wisdom from a woman’s point of view, infact, the authors of this post are the co-hosts and co-producers of the aptly titled weekly show on WMNF-FM in Tampa, “From a Woman’s Point of View.”
- Walk or bicycle whenever you can. Fight for better and more efficient public transportation.
- When brushing your teeth or washing your face, turn the tap off except when rinsing.
- In a cold climate turn the thermostat down 2 degrees and dress warmer. In a warm climate turn the air conditioning up 2 degrees and dress appropriately.
- Stop using plastic.
- Be aware of sources of methane (fracking, fossil fuel production, cows), fight for elimination.
- Be aware of the Institute for Biomimicry and the ways nature works to heal itself.
- Check your personal of 30% reduction.
- If you say you love your grandchildren, you must take responsibility for what we have done to the environment. We are the ones that have to fix it.
- Plant a tree and get your neighborhood involved in tree planting.
- Be aware of potable water in your community and fight to protect it.
- We must work on collective items:
- Eliminate fossil fuels.