Mobilized is a constructive-solutions collaborative production cooperative. We would like each individual submitting to have their own unique style and never compromise on their unique creative flow. It is important, however, to make sure that all submissions have certain ethical guidelines and principles.
What we look for:
Story Length: Pieces typically run about 500 to 800 words, though longer is also okay.
Topics: We are here to inspire, inform, educate and empower. We are looking for the type of stories that enlighten and give insight to what’s working while providing actions that people can take on their own.
Whole System Thinking: Think like a system! Your computer is a system. Your body is a system. Your government is a system. Your community is a system. Your car is a system. And Your body is a unique system of systems where all parts are constantly working with each other for the health of the organism. When systems, structure and principles are out of balance, we have disease. We currently have many diseased systems in our world that cannot be fixed.
Unique + Perspectives: We seek stories that advance humanity forward, whether it’s an announcement of a latest discovery that enables better health and well-being, or an inspirational life-changing story, we want our stories to bring people together to create a more amazing experience. To make sure that you’re offering unique idea or concept:
Evidence-based. Make sure the stories have verifiable proof. If it’s an announcement of a scientific breakthrough, provide the links attesting that breakthrough; if it’s a story about a solution that offers enlightened optimism, provide links to the evidence behind the new opportunity and not just putting down an existing paradigm; show how this new paradigm affects others.
Make it personal What about your life and your pathway led you to this discovery? How has this affected your family and colleagues? What were some of the obstacles you encountered and how did you overcome them? What are some of the unique perspectives that you can offer? This is the story you should be telling!
Look to current events. Every day we are experiencing evolutionary changes that require our focused attention to realize that society is transforming. It is up to the citizens of this planet to make a choice of the type of world we want to live in. We can continue to live in a world enslaved to constant debt and violence—or we can co-create systems of service that serve us. Clearly indicate through reasonable action steps how people can mobilize solutions!
While a event or change in a business might inspire you to write a story, any change might impact current lifestyle or business practices and therefore, we must be prepared to accept and deal with these changes.
Mobilizing action: Some of the greatest solutions are right in front of our eyes. We seek stories that offer actions or takeaways that can be put into practice. These actions or tips should be put into numbered actions so people can take advantage of the knowledge as soon as possible. This knowledge should be easy to understand while exciting the readers senses. Don’t distract or insult the readers but instead, enable them to have an realization that enables them to “own” it so they take action.
Trustworthy sources: It is absolutely essential to clearly articulate the evidence behind your sources of information. We are seeking verified, scientific evidence about the claims in your stories and not just a Wikipedia page (not always reliable) so please try to provide the links to evidence-based websites that confirm what you are claiming.
- In the Pursuit of Excellence: We’re looking for great ideas that advance humanity forward without hurting anyone including our biosphere, ecosystem and all living things.
- Quality Control: No Compromising on editorial quality: You cannot accept payment for mentioning a person or business in an article. If you have a business or financial relationship with any individuals or companies you mention, that must be disclosed in the article.
- If you’re serious about contributing, please read through the mission statement and ethical principles in their entirety before submitting an article.
- When referring to a source or evidence indicated elsewhere, please provide a hyperlink to the source and/or evidence. You can do so at the bottom of your submission, or on the website story generator.
- Action Steps: When discussing a solution, please provide the action steps needed to enable the referenced solutions
- If you are submitting an opinion piece, it must be placed in the Category called “Editorials.” All Editorial features are reviewed before they are published
- A Body of Evidence: Submissions should be grounded in evidence (scientific proof)
- Key Topic Points: What are the most important “take homes” of your story. Please highlight that in the first paragraph of your submissions.
- Attributions: If supplying a story, please provide necessary attributions to the source of that story.
- Editorial Civility and Non Violence: In order to maintain editorial civility, we have disabled the ability to post comments on all editorial content.
- Group Content and Ownership of Content: All projects created in Mobilized Groups are owned by the authors and communities who create them. For new projects, the terms are set by the communities themselves. Mobilized claims no ownership to copyright other than what Mobilized itself creates or produces. Each unique group determines the collaborative ownership of the group’s creations.
- Affiliate-driven Collaborative Retail Cooperative: We have enabled a retail cooperative which provides organizations and individuals the ability to become affiliates;
- Anyone can be an affiliate and utilize their affiliate code to offer discounts to all of the products in the retail cooperative; Please make sure to provide your affiliate code. If you haven’t signed up to be an affiliate, contact us to find out how here
This is a carefully moderated community. We will notify you if you are not following site policies. On some occasions we will remove content first and alert you afterward. Please be respectful to our moderators and understand that their job is to keep the good of the community in mind at all times. To avoid moderation please be:
Respectful:Mobilized respects and honors diversity as well as our uniqueness and respects our different beliefs and cultures. Please listen clearly to the wisdom and opinions of others. If, by chance, they are different from your own, please respect their difference of opinion.
Looking forward As a constructive solutions network, we encourage our collaborators to create and share stories that encourage and inspire a better way forward. This can be done by clearly demonstrating and articulating the root cause of an existing or future problem, and then looking through the lens of possibility to create a sustainable solution of service.
Lost in Translation, Overcoming Misunderstandings: With such a diverse community, content can be misinterpreted or its meaning can get lost in translation. Please be understanding and respectful to cultures and/or communities who may have a different perspective than you do. If you see something that you feel warrants our attention, please let us know as soon as possible.
Mobilized is building a collaborative multimedia network and platform for human potential. We are collaborators in creation. We are building the world’s first globally inter-dependent de-centralized collaborative network for our individual and collective potential to overcome our misunderstandings and discover better ways to co-exist in the world peacefully through open knowledge and the collaborative creation of our membership.
Be Positively Passionate: You share the stuff you love. Please utilize Mobilized to share your passions and not to complain or share your frustrations about something or someone you do not like.
No hate speech, no gossip, no commenting, no kidding. Please refrain from posting content that promotes unethical or illegal activities, is hateful, gossipy or is off-topic. We do not permit any hate speech or gossip of any sort.
Be Yourself: Created as a collaborative cooperative experiential media network, we believe in the importance of experiential media and the wisdom and knowledge secured through the impactful connections that are made. It is essential to be yourself which inspires people to share their experiences in an effective way to eliminates walls and barriers and brings the audience that much closer to you–and your story.
If, by chance, you are just looking to promote your business and drive traffic to your website or have any other motives, we will have your content removed.
Through the lens of possibility: Show how a new ways can enable better. Show evidence. If it’s in theory, link to the origin of the theory. When quoting someone else or another story, provide a hyperlink to that story.
Honest: Be yourself. If your posting is in association with an existing business, website or blog, please disclose that connection on your story page.
Journalists, Bloggers, Media Makers and Local Businesses: We are here to help people discover better ways of living, working, playing and co-existing together. People will look for story tellers and initiatives that resonate with their core principles. Make your stories exciting. Local businesses and bloggers are encouraged to join the community of solution providers provided that they strictly adhere to our following principles and guidelines:
- Do not promote your business directly.
- Utilize Mobilized as an individual: Every account represents an individual and that individual’s personal opinions. We encourage you to sign up and use the site as others Use your real name, and in your profile you can explain your blog or business in the “What I Do” section.
- Be transparent: Your honesty helps build trust in our communities and enable more better interactions and experiences. It is essential that you state your affiliations and interests on your Mobilized profile. We do not allow anonymous members so use your real name, your roles, relationships and positions
- Ethical and Holistic Platform: No blog steering, add value: Do not simply steer people to your blog/writing. The content you post needs to add value to the conversation and stand alone in the context of the Highlight. If you simply post a link or reference to your site the content will be removed.
- Journalists: You may find our community very useful for researching stories, but if you find details you use in a story, per standard journalistic courtesy, please credit us and the traveler or travelers that helped you.
You and the Mobilized community: Take advantage of the opportunity share your experience and wisdom. Help others to have a better experience!
- Protect your privacy and yourself: Safety first! What you publish is public and widely accessible, so consider your content carefully.
- Share who you are: Sharing information about yourself on your profile will help connect with other members and let you get the most out of your Mobilized Digital experience.
- Be honest: Provide accurate and complete information about yourself.
- Your photos: Due to copyright and property issues only use photos that you have taken or have been granted permission to utilize.
- Meaningful descriptions: Please feel free to share your individual and unique insights on what you are sharing, for example, different cultural insights or perspectives, cultural tips, anything that you feel can enable a better understanding of one another through the power of possibility and stories shared.
- Please Write in English: Please write your story in English. The Mobilized website has language translation software built into the infrastructure.
We need your help! If you notice abuse of any of the guidelines please contact us!
Before submitting, here are some action steps to take:
Do your best to Proofread your article. We all make mistakes. We’re only human! We’d greatly appreciate that you proofread your work before submitting it. Mistakes happen to all of us. If you notice an error or violation on a story other than your own, please contact us about it!
Solutions Network: Make sure your feature is based in constructive solutions with pertinent action steps.
When you interview someone, please say so. People will want to know you heard it first hand.
Disclose any financial relationships.
You cannot accept money from a business or person in exchange for writing about them. It As a constructive solutions network, it is absolutely essential that collaborators cannot sell access to promotions about them in the stories. Any collaborator that is found to have violated this policy will be removed from the Mobilized Network.
Tell us if it’s timely. A feature with a date-and-time related story please let us know.
Please make your feature not too self-promotional. While it is important to articulate your expertise on your subject matter, there is no need to sound over-promotional. We are here to inform and educate, not to advertise.
For your author profile:
Provide the following to your editor:
Submit a unique email address that will be used by the author (or publicist) to log into our content-management-system account. If you are a publicist who represents multiple people who write for us, we will need a different email address for each individual.
III What to anticipate after you submit to Mobilized.
- Due to the large amount of interest we have received prior to launch, we receive, collaborators will be approved as soon as possible, most likely within 48 hours.
- Some accepted articles will likely require revisions. In the event we have any questions, we will contact you to discuss.
- Final Approval: You will receive an email alert when your piece runs. Please feel free to share far and wide with the social sharing tools embedded on every Mobilized page.