The walls between us have been removed.
This unique and participatory platform focuses on collaborative actions for system change.
For over Two hundred and fifty years, our industrial-aged systems, services, and policies have destroyed what it took Mother Nature billions of years to create.
Imagine what we could do if we really wanted to!
Imagine what we can accomplish when we harness the collective power and potential of community movements; with millions of people and thousands of organizations who have already created solutions needed for planetary and personal co-Existence, let us unite in Solidarity to amplify the solutions so communities everywhere can enable truly empowered communities living and working in balance with the natural world.
According to Rights of Nature Activist and Attorney, Thomas Linzey who is a featured presenter on Sunday, June 13th at 3 pm Eastern (USA/Candada);
“Humanity stands at the brink of global environmental collapse. Our environmental protection laws more often protect the very corporations that they are supposed to regulate, rather than our rivers, forests, mountains, and other ecosystems.
A global movement is starting to change that. Using indigenous value systems to create legally enforceable rights for nature, cities, towns, and counties across the United States are creating laws that recognize the rights of nature.
This short primer from the Center for Democratic and Environmental Rights (www.centerforenvironmentalrights.org) describes the philosophy and underpinnings of the rights of nature movement that has emerged in the United States and beyond. This session will include a segment on how to design and adopt “rights of nature” laws in your community.
But right now, people within the community rights movement aren’t waiting for power brokers to fix the system. They’re beginning to envision a new sustainability constitution by adopting new laws at the local level that are forcing those ideas upward into the state and national ones. In doing so, they are directly challenging the basic operating system of this country—one which currently elevates corporate “rights” above the rights of people, nature, and their communities—and changing it into one which recognizes a right to local, community self-government that cannot be overridden by corporations, or by governments wielded by corporate interests.
- Uniting people to harness the power of collective wisdom will require a seismic shift in how we co-exist on our beautiful blue planet.
- At a time of distrust in leadership at every level, people everywhere are overwhelmed with information overload and distraction.
- How do we create trust in the people we need to reach and empower? It will require engagement?
- How do we embrace, amplify and mobilize the actions required for paradigm changes?
- How do we empower communities to get behind it?
- How can we create evidence-based, people-empowered solutions and communication platforms so that communities everywhere can take action?
- Furthermore, in all reality, are we truly ready for a genuinely empowered world?
Please join us for empowered, proactive conversations dedicated to a new kind of energy—the future for life on earth and how to get there without harming anyone.
Please join a team of pioneers and visionaries from personal and planetary health worlds as we embrace the ideas-into-action for a world that works for all.
This is a live virtual event—AN EVOLUTION IN EXPERIENTIAL MEDIA WHOSE TIME IS NOW.
This unique and participatory media event focuses on collaborative actions for system change.
What to anticipate?
A team of media makers and Earth-shakers have united in solidarity for health and well-being to amplify the wisdom of engaged communities.
We will discuss mobilizing a new kind of energy—inspired by nature, powered by passionate people, and empowered by imagination.
The conversations will feature non-partisan activists and experts who have been there, done that, and continue to do amazing things. We will take a journey into the creative process, understand what makes them tick, what makes them talk, and understand the opportunities and overcome the obstacles that face us all.
We will take the ideas into action with a fully interactive action network dedicated to people, the planet, purpose. Imagine collaboratively modeling an ideal integrated multimedia network, a cooperative and complementary series of social enterprises showcasing the most ethical policies, initiatives, and advanced technologies within its very DNA. This network focuses on equality, quality of life, personal growth, individuality, unconditional love, human rights, civil rights, transparency, privacy, accountability, and open collaboration.
- Healthy Soil for healthy food: Dr. Elaine Ingham
- Regeneration Now: Allan Savory, The Savory Institute
- Heading towards Eradicating Heart Disease, Dr. Michael Ozner, Preventative Cardiologist
- Community Power Now: Safeguarding our essential natural resources
- Let the river run: Creating rights of nature laws in your communities: Thomas Linzey, Senior Attorney for the Center for Democratic and Environmental Rights (CDER),
- Chuck O’Neal, Florida Rights of Nature Network: Protecting our rights to clean water
- Jeffrey Wigand, Smoke-Free Kids: The importance of taking a stand despite the opposition
- The benefits of localization at a time of globalization: Helena Norberg-Hodge, Local Futures
- Embracing the Cooperative Movements: How to create a thriving cooperative that works for all
- Howard Bloom: Putting Soul in the Machine
- Democratizing Knowledge for Public Service: A call for the creation of a local to global commons for sustainability and regeneration
- Community regeneration, sustainable design, and architecture: Nickson Otieno, Niko Green, Nairobi, Kenya
- The new world perspective through holistic management frameworks: Sarah Savory
- Surviving the industrial food system; How to take back our health: Kristin Lawless, Author, “Formerly known as food.”
Hosted by Steven Jay and Barry Dossenko for Mobilized.news
How to join?
This is a free event—a starting point for something new. Furthermore, once the experience is over, we will expand the programming and ideas into action. We are going to enable communities everywhere to have a voice. We are going to create the kind of media network that empowers our collaborative human potential. We will continually reach out to people on Main Street, not Wall Street, so that together, we can harness the power and potential of communities for the health and well-being of all.